Track yourself to free yourself…
I’ve been on a tracking phase lately. I’ve been tracking what I eat, how I sleep, my menstrual cycle, my bank account and how I use my time throughout the day. I don’t
I’ve only been at it for 2 weeks and so I’m starting to see little trends but the biggest glory has just been the awareness that comes with the tracking. The days I feel the worst in my life is when I end my day and I have no clue how I spent my time or what I ate. I just rushed through life with no clue to what was happening to me and or what I was putting out into the universe.
The sense of freedom I am feeling right now isn’t because I’m tied to my journal writing everything down, it’s because I now created the space to become aware of what I am doing without attaching expectations to it. I am not tracking anything to put myself down for not being more successful, I’m tracking to notice trends. In a few weeks, I’ll post about my journey and what results are coming out of this tracking journey. However, today I just wanted to help you take note of a process that is already providing me with benefits.
Below I’m listing the tools I’m using to track and how I’m using them:
- My Fitness Pal: I’m using this tool to track my macros. I started eating using the Paleo method in March and I’ve slimmed down quite a bit but I felt that I was still not getting enough nutrients. By tracking I’m noticing what I’m putting in my body and any effects it might have on me.
- Pear: I’m using this tool to track my fitness journey. I’ve synced it to my Apple Watch to keep track of my exercise minutes and heart rate during
- Debit & Credit: Super simple budgeting tool to help me track my spending. I wanted an app that would allow me to input
miniulinformation in a fast and efficient way.
- PepApp: I use this app to track my menstrual cycle. I’ve actually been using this for about six months. I wanted to track my cycle after I stopped breastfeeding because I didn’t want to be caught off guard.
- Journal: In my journal, I write down my feelings from the day. Include my gratitude notes, a summary of my day, 1 success and 1 failure for me to learn from. I also track my sleep from the night before along with the moon cycle.
I am very much at the beginning of this journey but wanted to share with you where I’m at. As the weeks go on I will go deeper into each tool and the benefits I’m noticing from tracking and becoming more aware.
Thank you for being on this journey with me. Leave